Monday, May 21, 2012

Make-Up Monday: Dermal Platinum Collagen Essence Mask

Make-Up Monday: Dermal Platinum Collagen Essence Mask
Hey! Look who’s back! With big things kind of happening one right after another this time of year things get spotty. But Night Shift is just about ready to publish (just have to finish the cover) and about 60% of my costume projects for the year are done. So hopefully I’ll be back to at least one post a week. I’ve also been diving head first into more skin care stuff since just about everything I use has either recently been discontinued or isn’t working well anymore.

First up is something I got during my trip into Dallas proper recently, one of Dermal’s Essence Masks. I got the Platinum Collagen one since I didn’t see a milk one and platinum sounded ~fancy~. Also it was only a $1 or so.
I’ve never done a mask of this sort where you don’t wash it off and where it is an actual mask. But it wasn’t too hard to apply past issues with my chin being tiny and apparently having big eyes. But I persevered. Also I used it after my morning shower should that make any difference

It felt really nice and cool to apply/wear and there was a lot of product in the baggie after removing the mask (so my arms and legs were super fab and moisturized). It would be great for summer. I chilled with it on for about 20-30 minutes while I drank my morning coffee. After removing it my face felt waaay super moisturized. I’ve never felt it so moisturized so it was a little weird.

And then I was all broke out at the end of the day. :/ But I have stupid sensitive skin so it isn’t all that surprising. I really liked the mask though (and if they sold the goo in a bottle I’d buy it to use as a regular lotion, especially for my hands) so if I see one marked specially for sensitive skin I will give it a go.
Price: $1 for one mask in pouch.
Packaging: 5/5
Thin and stores easy and the directions are clearly written.
Quality: 3/5
Felt lovely and the extra mask sauce worked great as a lotion. Still made my seriously sensitive skin break out though.
Value: 4/5
It is cheap and works pretty well for a dollar luxuriant.
Overall: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to find a mask that won't over activate sensitive skin. I am still looking for one myself. I recomend getting a packet of oil blotting sheets and useing one after your skin has dried and absorbed the lotion.

    It may not fix it, but it helps control it.

    I look forward to seeing more from you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to dig up my oil blotting sheets, thanks for the tip! :D

      Delete