Monday, February 27, 2012

Make-Up Monday: Evil Shades Cosmetics Lipstick, Hardcore Lips and a Shadow

This is another indie brand, it looked cute and I had to make an order when I saw a gold sparkly lipstick (yes I really like those a lot). And I couldn't just order one thing, how wastefu,l so I grabbed a few other things too. I put in the order the second week of Jan and got it the second week of Feb. There was a bit of a glitch where my order seems to have gotten lost in the interwebs so I emailed the owner and she a) responded within 24 hours and b) had that order out within a week like she promised so really I'm quite happy with all of that. Errors happen and she made sure to correct it.

This spy, uses a spy trading card to cover her spy-nformation.

It came in an envelope, which I down with since it keeps shipping down and means I don't need a tiger to open it.


All the products came in a satin bag (PINK! :D) and included a business card, a slip with what I ordered, two free samples and a lolipop. Y'all know my opinion of little touches, I love them. As you can see the packaging is all very clearly labelled and looks very professional with standardized look. Also pink. :D

Let's start with the Deviant Lipsticks. Can I say I love them? Because I freaking love them. And this isn't like a big fight for a best lipstick, this is such a different formula and I really like it. Just a warning about the scent, it is punch in the face candy scented though it mellows with time. Just don't use it while queazy the first few weeks you own it.

So here are the shades I got:

Schemata
The whole reason this order got placed. It isn't as dark as Morgana Cryptoria's 24k Pumpkin, it is fairly close to the Amphitrite Gel Lipstick's shade though but just a tad darker so it is quite nice. It takes many goes over the lips to achieve an opaque color, like you have to warm it up, but it doesn't feel caked on from that. It really makes it easy to get many different looks from one shades, from tint to opaque.



This was such an impulse buy. It is like Transformers: Animated Arcee pink and for $4.50 I'm down to buy a color I otherwise wouldn't (didn't think it would look nice with my skintone) if it makes me think of a cool character. It is very matte in real life and... And I kind of love it. Schemata is nice and servicable but Fearless is just so... so... Me. It is bright ass pink and so perfect. If it wasn't a matte color I wouldn't love it but the matte makes it really look nice. I can't explain it. It just looks amazing. It is now one of my top three lipsticks. Yay Arcee pink?



Another try for Nora. Another no-go. It is about one or two shades lighter than my lips and a very beige nude and holy balls the white shift is really there in person. The bottom pic is with flash to get that across. Could have sworn the listing said blue shift but yeah, def white. It is pretty if you look good in beige nudes but if you are like me and don't I'd say skip it. It streaks a tiny bit but with a little work can be smoothed out.

Price: $4.50 for a .07oz tube (which makes it about equal to Morgana stuff in $/oz)
Packaging: 4/5
Very swanky, but the black tube makes it hard to judge how much is left. The slimline balm tube is needed to support the product during application because of how hard it is.
Quality: 5/5
It feels nice and smells nice (I like the candy scent personally). It also wears nice though it does have to be touched up often.
Value: 5/5
For the product it is on target.
Overall: 4.67/5
It is really nice, the small full size is great for travel or trying it out (the sample is a third of the price, just drop the money on the full size if you're even a third sure you'll like it) and the really unique formula is a nice change of pace. It almost doesn't feel like you're wearing lipstick at all. It leaves your lips feeling kind of like you rubbed olive oil on them but otherwise bare. It is cool. I look forward to getting Jenaveve because it might be the perfect retro matte red. Also a good way to make sure they apply easy is to keep it in the back pocket of your jeans, it keeps it a better temp in winter.

Now on to the Hardcore Lips! This is a pretty standard gloss, needs frequent reapplication has a candy scent and moisturizes a bit. BUT THE COLOURS. Such lovely colors. And instead of the standard feel I have to concure with other bloggers in that is feels a little like Vaseline on the lips. Not a bad thing, just a thing. At the time there were only samples but I wanted to try the formula so I got them anyway.


I only got it because it made me think Decepticons. I really don't like the shade, it is exactly as described but it just doesn't work on me (lol nudes never do). So Arcee was a full size and spot on and Deception was a sample and a miss. I'm fine with that. If nudes work for you then this will be something you like probably.



I got this because the purple on the site and the name DOOM made me think Shockwave (yes another Transformers thing) and I love Shockwave. It looks really brown on me. It is an okay color but not one I'm in love with.



It also wears away weird. So not baaad, just not one I'm in love with. It happens. Still love the formula though.

I also bought a sample of Last Kiss and MEANT to take pics but I loved it so much I kept wearing it daily. And I ran out. Whoops. The pics on the site are spot on though and I've got a migi of it on it's way to me now (a few days after I order the full size comes back in stock, just my luck). Hilariously enough it is the closest to Nora I've gotten. One note though, while the XTREME blue shift is very apparent in the container it isn't as much on the lips. I wish it was a little more present but holy balls it is still really really pretty.

Price: $2 for a 5 dayish sample, $4.50 for 4oz and $6 for 5oz
Packaging: 5/5
The little snap pot container for the samples is really nice, very secure, no leakage even kicking around my purse.
Quality: 4/5
It feels nice and smells nice (I like the candy scent personally). It also wears nice though it does have to be touched up often.
Value: 4/5
With how much you have to touch it up you actually use a lot, so a giant 10oz tube would be great here. If there was a 10oz tube for $10 that would be so amazing.
Overall: 4.33/5
Applies evenly, feels clean and smooth and has quite a range of colors that can be made opaque or tinting. If they lasted a little longer on the lips they'd be perfect. Touching up every two hours and right after I eat sucks.

Now for the free samples. I got a sample of the just released Sugar Kisses Whipped Lip Butter in Sprinkles (white and holy sparkles, Batman).


Photos just don't show the bucketloads of sparklely glitteryness. It is also averagely moisturizing so basically if you want something glittery and good for your lips you've found it. They went up on the page the day after I placed my order (d'oh!) so I'm going to hold out and get the full size of sprinkles and maybe a few others in a few months for my birthday. They are just so fun.

Price: $6 for a 5gram jar
Packaging: 5/5
Same snap thing as everything else for the sample and the 5g jar for the full size looks like it would work well for this mousse which doesn't flop around at all.
Quality: 4/5
It feels nice and smells nice (I like the candy scent personally). It also wears nice though it does have to be touched up often. It'd get a 5 if it was super moisturizing but it is very servicable as is.
Value: 5/5
For the product it is on target.
Overall: 4.67/5

And now for the eyeshadow sample, I was sent Yellow Snowballs from the Humbuggary line. I wasn't too excited by a bright yellow shadow, how am I supposed to wear that? But I actually really like it.


The right is without base and the left is over a base. It has serious white shift. Serious. White shift. Which is what really works in its favor.



I thought I'd give it a whirl in a basic smokey kind of look just to give it a shot and... I actually like it a lot. Not nearly as crayon on the eye as I thought thanks to the white shift.


I'm serious about that shift guys! I tried it with black eyeshadow later but then it does look taxi-like, it works better with that lovely red/brown Harbringer I like so much. But aside from the shift, it is a very soft and silky shadow and applies much like every other shadow I've used which doesn't need tons of base. It is a dream to work with. I'm glad she included that sample as it is what spurred me to order eye shadows from her now. Hey, samples exist for a reason. I'm so willing to let someone convince me that something is awesome.

Price: $6 for a 5g jar and $9 for a 10g jar tube
Packaging: 4/5
The snap container worked for the sample and I'm guessing the jar will be like Morgana's. The sticker on top makes it hard to see the color though!
Quality: 5/5
It feels nice, is easy to work with and the colors are BAM! there but blend easy. Amazing.
Value: 5/5
For the product it is on target.
Overall: 4.67/5
I've already ordered three more shadows. I really like the formula and am hoping those other colors pan out. I like Yellow Snowballs itself too but I'm still trying to decide if yellow really suits me/I would wear it often enough to justify it taking up drawerspace. Maybe that'll be b-day order thing. Who knows what colors I'll be digging then!

No comments:

Post a Comment