Monday, February 21, 2011

Make-Up Monday: Chanel

Since lolita is about looking pretty I thought I might throw in some make-up reviews. I know I like reading about people’s experiences with different products so why not help out?

I’ll start with one of my favorite eye shadows in the whole world but I must preface this with a statement about my make-up buying habits. Anything which I know I will use a lot/everyday and will last I am willing to pay some serious money for. There really is something about using quality cosmetics in the morning which starts the day right.

My favorite everyday shadow is Chanel’s Les 4 Ombres in Tentation Cuivrée.



In English it basically means that it is a quad in “Copper Temptation”

I bought this somewhat on a whim, over the holidays my local Belk had the Chanel make-up artists over a few times and I was looking for something pretty for the holidays. As it turns out the “holiday special" has turned into my favorite and probably works better in my conservative career field than my previously regular charcoal briquette eyes. I’m actually surprised I like it so much since pink is something I avoid due to my face being a bit red.



What I was delightfully surprised by was the texture and how wonderful it is to work with. This is admittedly my first high end eye shadow purchase but wow! While $50 more dollars than I am used to spending on eyeshadow I am very happy with it. I’m not going to go clear out the Chanel counter of all their eye shadows but since I can try out shades before buying I can fall in love (or not) before handing over my money. I’m going to have to see if the nice girl at the counter will give me a few applicators next time I am there though since those can make any shadow nicer. It also doesn’t fade a bit, even at the end of the day it still is just like when I applied it (I do use an eye primer though but it is nothing too special).

So, here’s the breakdown:

Price: $56
Packaging: 5/5
The quad itself comes in a little velvet pouch and the shadows are held in place by a piece of plastic which is wonderful (as anyone who has had an eyeshadow brick turn into powder can tell you). Very nice and the gloss black packaging feels very sophisticated.
Quality: 5/5
Think of the finest and softest powder you’ve ever felt. That is what it feels like. It also stays on the eye.
Value: 4.5/5
It isn’t cheap but it is so nice. I’ll let you know how long it lasts, so far it has three months under its belt and has plenty left and doesn’t seem to be getting weird.
Overall: 4.83/5
It is wonderful, and if you’re looking for a warm toned brown/pink combo this is a marvelous choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment