Monday, February 28, 2011

Not Quite Make-Up Monday

A slight deviation from cosmetics but since I just had to place an order to refill my favorite perfume.

It is L’Occitane’s Ruban d’Orange Eau De Toilette.


 
It is, unfortunately, discontinued here in the States but thankfully ebay has once again helped me out for about the same price as retail. Hopefully it is permanent in Hungary though since it is my signature scent and I've got a friend in Hungary. This scent has special meaning to me actually, I bought my first bottle while in Las Vegas for my 21st so every time I wear it I think of that wonderful trip.

The scent is a very woody with a citrus background. It is very classical lolita to be honest. The scent is sweet but just barely so and, as like all my favorites, has a scent like an old Provencal church. Were it not for the bright citrus it would be perfect happy as a gothic scent.

Price: $45
Size: 100ml
Packaging: 4/5
It is juuuuust inside the limits allowed by the TSA so it takes up space when I travel but the bottle is gorgeous. And luckily it isn’t any bigger so I CAN take it with me when I travel.
Quality: 4/5
It last for a decent amount of time but not quite to the end of the day. It does last in the bottle for at least two years though, maybe longer since I ran out before it went bad.
Value: 5/5
It is the first perfume I’ve ran out of before it went bad. Which is something considering most other perfumes I buy are much smaller than 100ml. The price for the amount is not bad at all.
Overall: 4.33/5
I wish they had offered a smaller bottle for travel and it would last on the skin maybe an hour or two longer but definitely my favorite perfume I’ve found.

No comments:

Post a Comment