Monday, March 7, 2011

Make-up Monday: Morbid Makeup Eyeliner

This is something, whenever I go and get made up by the Chanel artist, I always get chastized for. My favorite eyeliner is Morbid Makeup Black Eye/Lip Liner.


I absolutely love it for one reason: It is soft and applies straight on without having to be softened and it goes on dark. I've tried a number of pencil eyeliners, eye makeup is something I've worn everyday since high school because it helps to fight the shrinking effect my glasses have on my eyes. One of the problems I have always had with pencil eyeliner though was that it was always difficult to apply, most need to be warmed up to glide on with any efficiency. Even the Chanel black eyeliner has that problem.

This one does not.

The only possible downside is that if you rub your eyes then you're going to rub some of it off but seeing as eye shadow rubs off like that I don't consider it a real problem. One pencil with seven day a week use lasts a little over six months for me and since it only costs about $2 it is a great deal for a product that works so well.

Price: $1.99
Packaging: 4.75/5
The pencil is very sturdy, the cap is metal instead of plastic so it can take a bit of a beating. It loses a quarter point for the skull and cross bones simply because it is a little embarassing for me. The silver and black packaging is otherwise quite nice with a netting kind of print on it.
Quality: 4.5/5
It goes on with few problems and lasts until the end of the day if you don't touch it. It is easy to rub off though which may be a problem for some people but is kind of a plus at the end of the day so it only loses a half point for that.
Value: 5/5
It is very inexpensive for an eyeliner right out of the gate but it is also a better eyeliner than most of the more expensive ones I have tried.
Overall: 4.75/5
It is an awesome eyeliner and one that is not only great for its price but just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment