Monday, April 11, 2011

Not so Make-up Monday: Moroccanoil Hair Treatment

In October of last year I finally had enough of my hair being a dry, wavy rat's nest. Aside from the fact it would tangle as soon as you looked at it, it just was not happy and very poofy. So, I went to my mom's hair stylist, Hannah, and asked her to help me out. I was thinking of getting a keratin treatment because I heard that makes hair silky smooth but I didn't want straight hair. I mean my wavy hair can annoy me but it is easy to curl and I didn't want to lose that. She had the mostly perfect elixer that I needed. She used Moroccan Oil Original Treatment Oil (and the matching shampoo and conditioner).


I've tried various anti-frizz oils and conditioners but nothing worked for me, this did wonders. My hair still tangles a little and definitely curls and grows in high humidity but it does so less and is quite happy to be styled. Now it isn't just a pile of fluff atop my head. I'm going to try the "store brand" of it that Walgreens has since that would save me like $30 but I'm quite willing to pay the extra if only this one works.

Price: $40-$70
Size: 100ml
Packaging: 5/5
It is juuuuust inside the limits allowed by the TSA so it takes up space when I travel but they do sell a smaller bottle which I just fill up from the bigger bottle. I have long hair so I use a lot of product which is why I buy the bigger bottle. It is actually rather pretty too for a dark brown glass bottle.
Quality: 5/5
It works almost miracles. It isn't going to do the same thing as a keratin treatment but you can still curl your hair and you don't have to sit in salon for half a day and drop a few hundred bucks.
Value: 4.5/5
The 100ml bottle I bought last October still hasn't ran out, I think I've got another month of every other day use left in it. Even though it costs some money, since it lasts so long I think the value isn't bad at all. Especially since a keratin treatment costs more and only lasts like three months.
Overall: 4.83/5
It is a great product (as is the whole line really). It is a little pricey but it works great.

No comments:

Post a Comment