Monday, April 29, 2013

Make-Up Monday: Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara

Given how much I like Maybelline's Falsies mascara I thought I'd give this one a go since it is in the same Volum' Express line and references rockets (I am that dork).


The brush is different than the Falsies one, this one has all sorts of short spikes instead of a more traditional bristle brush.

It applies easily but doesn't really plump and lengthen my lashes quite like the Falsies does. It does well to lengthen though and if I didn't have Falsies then it would be my favorite (it also clumps less than Falsies but I'm willing to take some clumps with my giant lashes so y'know). And also since I accidentally bought brownish black instead of my normal blacker than space it lends a very natural look.

Price: $7
Packaging: 4.5/5
It fits well in my hand and make-up bag, is cute and the applicator works well though isn't the very best.
Quality: 4.5/5
It doesn't flake, it applies easy and it stays once applied until I wipe my face with make-up removing cloth at night. Like I said elsewhere, if it weren't for The Falsies it would be my favorite.
Value: 5/5
It is a really good mascara for less than $10 and it is easy to find coupons every so often so the cost can easily be closer to $5.
Overall: 4.66/5

No comments:

Post a Comment