Monday, June 18, 2012

Make-Up Monday: Shiro Cosmetics White Out, Sweet Honey, Bicycle Voucher, Daycare, Victory Road and Not Very Effective Eye Shadows

Shiro Cosmetics is a nerdy themed make-up brand. There are Pokemon eye shadows. And a 40 cakes meme lip balm (that is my absolute fav). Also the shadows are really nice to use, super soft and easy to apply. The Super Effective Collection (aka the Pokemon ones) recently went through a name change, so I'll be listing both the old and the new names next to swatches. Mainly because the old names were better but y'know. I also got one from the Science Collection but it is the dicontinued version of Emancipation grid.



White Out (Meowth) is a pale cream that goes kinda metallic when foiled.
Sweet Honey (S.S. Anne) is a beige-y nude color.
Bicycle Voucher (Vulpix) is a coppery color with gold sparkles.
Daycare (Brock the Rock) is a mid tone brown with silver sparkles.

These four together make a great look actually.

Victory Road (Steelix) is this mucky grey with kind of a green-ness to it and silver sparkles. Despite such an appetizing description it really is a pretty color.
Not Very Effective (Gengar) is the most unique of the bunch, it is a solid purple with RED sparkles. I've never seen that combo before and it is loooovely.

Eye Contact (Porygon) is a briiiight pink. It is radical. That is the best way to put it. Radical.

The rest of these are discontinued. You can currently find them in the clearance section but I'm not sure for how much longer.

Emancipation Grid (discontinued) is a frosty blue and I've been needing one badly. It almost goes into teal territory with a hint of green but not quite.
Mewtwo is a dusty midtone purple. I bought it mainly because it was clearance and I always liked Mewtwo.
Clefairy is a pale pink with white shimmer. It is quite a bit like Aromaleigh Altair actually. And now I'm going "Clefairy, clefairy, CLEFAIRY."
Mew is a peachy pink. It matches a top I have very well but I fully admit I just bought it because it is named Mew. And I love me some Mew.

Price: $1/sample, $3.50/1g mini, $5/2g full size
Quality: 5/5
It applies like butter, lasts and the colors are saturated and gorgeous. Everything you want in a shadow.
Packaging: 4/5
The jars are the same as pretty much every Indie brand but she puts in sifters. I hate sifters sooo much.
Value: 4/5
$5 for 2g is average to a little below average in the loose jar of shadow biz. But it being a great shadow pushes it from a 3 to a 4.
Overall: 4.33/5

No comments:

Post a Comment