Monday, December 3, 2012

Make-Up Monday: Mabelline Volum'Express The Falsies Flared Mascara

I thought I'd posted a review of the original formulation for The Falsies mascara because I love it. Like feircely. The only reason I even grabbed the tube of the new flared variety was because it was marked down to $2.65 and that's a great price. Luckily the flared variety doesn't seem very different... like at all.

It applies easily, don't do that side to side motion though or else your lashes will clump together. It seems to work best when you just go straight from the roots of the lashes to the ends with a light touch and a couple goes.

So here are my natural lashes.

And here I am all dolled up. As you can see both volume and length and a good lack of clumps. I love this stuff. Also they package juuuust about the perfect amount. By the time I'm running out is about when I should be replacing it anyways. I don't feel wasteful OR like I'm buying mascara all the time.

Price: $7/.31oz (about 3-6 months worth)
Packaging: 5/5
The wand applicator works perfectly and the purple and silver packaging is very pretty. The normal variety is purple with teal in place of the silver and just as gorgeous.
Quality: 5/5
It applies perfectly, it lasts all day without flaking or any of that business and it washes off pretty easy too. It also does both volume and length. It. Is. Perfect.
Value: 5/5
Perfect performance, pretty packaging and it is under $10? How could it be better? Well keep an eye out for Maybelline coupons and it can easily just be a fiver. Yes.
Overall: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment