Monday, July 16, 2012

Make-Up Monday: Shiro Cosmetics 40 Cakes Intertubes

I loved the idea behind the Intertubes: memes and pretty lip colors. For the most part colors I liked were not paired with memes I liked so I didn't grab one. But 40 Cakes. I should not be as amused by that meme as I am. And the pink looked pink and fun. I figured it was a sheer balm and those are also great to throw in a purse.

The tube itself is weird, I don't think I've ever seen another lip product in a tube like this. But it isn't bad. Just different. Also I really wish Lex was on there but I still giggle every time I pull this out so it gets the job done.

And yeah this is so not a sheer balm guys. It actually is pretty much NYX lipstick in an applicator suited to the easily pliable formula. It is super moisturizing but the color is still quite opaque. And with this Barbie pink... It is quite the look. There is a slight bit of streaking to it but with this color that isn't an issue because it isn't too bold against the lip. With some of the purples and very dark colors it might be.

But 40 Cakes is honestly an amazing lip product. And that's not terrible at all.

Price: $6.50/5.5g
Packaging: 5/5
It works well to neatly apply the product. Like really well. I'm not taking any points off for the lack of Lex simply because it probably had something to do with copyright issues or whatnot.
Quality: 4.5/5
It is super moisturizing with very opaque color and it feels like buttah. Only taking half a point off because it is slightly streaky.
Value: 4/5
It is a great product but I can tell I'll probably go through this in about three months and having buy 3-4 a year adds up. But still great for what it is (which is amazing).
Overall: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment